Tuesday, September 13, 2005

G'day!
We are at the Darwin airport, just waiting for our flight to Cairns to board. This cafe has free internet, but since the plane boards in 5 minutes, I'll just post this quick note. We were out camping for three VERY FULL days. The big challenge was a 400 metre climb in 37 degree heat for about 45 minutes... at least the humidity wasn't all that bad. Had a great time camping, although it was a bit more, uh, "rustic" than I was expecting! It was good to have a shower last night.

We didn't get killed by a salty or a king brown snake, although we did see both... from a relatively safe distance. Now I know what the pet pigs are for... more on that later!

I'll type from Cairns later today, and give you the whole scoop on what camping means here. I did notice that we were the ONLY group out there!!!

Cheers,
Marie

No comments: