Friday, September 16, 2005

OK, where was I... oh yeah... the 'Dancers' are the same guys who couldn't make the bloody fire! And let me tell you, they couldn't sing, either. Or dance. Or act. It was truly an embarasment. I hope they get paid well.

I thought Aboriginal culture was one of story telling. The only story these guys told was that they were willing to prostitute themselves for the almighty Yen.

They weren't telling any kind of story. And about the third song in, they were actually MIMING, using their spears as air guitars!

That's when I started laughing, thinking that I was in a Simpson's episode, you know the ones where they make fun of the really cheesy variety shows.

At least the ice cream was good. $172 for 4 scoops of ice cream. Yum.

Drew and I headed to the van as fast as we could. Another couple was there, too, Americans, I think. We asked what they thought... we both had the exact same opinion. He asked if I was always so honest! Then the van driver asked everyone 'Did you have a good time!'. Well, I'm nothing if not honest. A guy in the back said it was as aboriginal as Andrew Lloyd Weber, and then I enlightened him with my Simpson's comparison. The guy in front of us said it could be worse... it could have been three hours long!

So there you have it. You can only laugh!

Tomorrow morning we pick up a rental car and head to Cape Trib. Things can only get better!

Marie

No comments: