Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hi all! I'm here!!

In YVR, I got to go out on an earlier flight to LAX, so that was nice. The LAX airport is D-U-L-L. YVR looks like a resort compared to it! I had to change terminals, the fellow gave me directions to walk through the parkade... that felt just a little awkward! After checking it out visually for gang members, I trotted right over. Not a soul, and lots of Lexus's, so I felt a bit better. Still, not too good for arriving into a major US airport. Did I mention that there is NOTHING to do there? Not even TVs to watch. I read my book, and tried to chat up a few people, but American's seem to be an unfriendly lot. The Qantas flight was great. They didn't even weigh my pack, which was probably a good thing for me because I know I was four pounds over. There was only about 160 people on the flight, so I had my two seats to myself. I probably got a good 5 hours sleep, I still feel like I'm moving. I think we made good time, too, but then it gets eaten up on the taxiway. I chatted with a nice fellow from Sydney who was coming home from Boston. Now that's a long haul! It was incredibly easy to get into town from the airport... $12 something on the train, and there was hardly anyone at the station. It feels alot like London, actually, except for the palm trees! It's very wet today, the fellow on the plane said it's nice to see the rain, as they have been in drought conditions here for a very long time. It's a good BC-type rain, that's for sure! I can't check in here yet, not till noon or so. My pack is in a locker, I've got my breakfast voucher, so I might grab some (more) food. I got my GPS to tell me where I am, so perhaps I'll surf the Geocaching site and go find a cache or two. Then as soon as I can check in, it's the shower for me! And maybe a nap.

No comments: